Due to storm warning parks of Peterhof & the Grand Menshikov Palace are closed today, September 18th.
Since October 19th, 2020 Peterhof Museum-Reserve has turned to the winter season. Parks are free to visit. Museums are open according to the winter schedule. Please book your visit to the Grand Peterhof Palace, the Royal Church Museum, the Special Treasury, the Grand Menshikov Palace here.
Interesting to know about Peterhof
- The first Hermitage in Russia appeared in Peterhof: it was built by the decree of Peter I in the Lower Park 1721-1725
- The first picture gallery in Russia manifested in Monplaisir Palace: a collection of paintings of Peter I included works of Dutch, Flemish, Italian and German artists of the 17th-18th century
- The Neptune Fountain is 50 years older than Peterhof (It was created in 1650 - 1660)
- The Audience Hall is the first premises in Russia, where optical illusion was used in the interior (parallel mirrors)
- Pumps have never been used to supply water to Peterhof fountains. The water comes naturally from Ropsha Heights through a system of canals, ponds and locks
- Total water consumption by Peterhof fountains - 1100 liters per second
- The maximum height of the jet of the Samson fountain - 20 meters
- Fountain masters service 12 440 stone surfaces, rotate about 300 gate valves daily, 60% of which are from the 18th-19th centuries
- The water-supplying system of Peterhof is comprised of 96 kilometers of canals, 16 ponds and 135 different hydraulic structures